Performance Validity: The Ethics of Assessment Accuracy (Part 3) Due 30 November 202320 January 2023
Performance Validity and Malingering – free and full-day workshops14 July 2023
Learn now to do cognitive assessments of non-English examinees - Online FREE course (1 CPD point) and optional full-day course (6 CPD points)
FREE online introductory workshop (1 CPD point) and OPTIONAL full-day online workshop (6 CPD points)
Do you do:
- Scholastic assessments?
- Neuropsychological assessments?
- Cognitive assessment for other reason?
Do you worry that the tests you use are not suitable to all your examinees, especially those who are not English first language speaking?
If your answer was "yes" to any of these questions, then these workshops are for you
Learning outcomes of FREE ONE-HOUR online workshop:
- Learn to identify the key issues and challenges in the assessment of non-English children and adults
- Get a glimpse of research done on this topic
- Determine if the full-day workshop is for you
Learning outcomes of OPTIONAL FULL-DAY online workshop
- Understand how home language, language of schooling and number of languages spoken affect test results of cognitive tests
- Learn how to assess non-English children and adults using tests for which appropriate Africa-based normative data are available
- Understand how test translations do and do not affect test scores
- Learn how to assess verbal functioning in non-English examinees
Dr Sharon Truter (Neuropsychologist and Counselling Psychologist; co-author of the new book, "Cross-Cultural Cognitive Test Norms: An Advanced Collation from Africa")
DATES, TIMES AND COSTS:
Free online workshop:
Date: Friday 20 October 2023
Time: 12:00 - 13:00 (South African Standard Time)
Full-day online workshop:
Date: Friday 3 November 2023
Time: 09:00 - 17:00 (South African Standard Time)
- Member of Neuropsychology SA: R1237-00
- Non-Member: R1437-00 (incl. VAT)
Click HERE to become a member of Neuropsychology SA (at R134-55 per month)
Click HERE to register for free and/or full-day workshop(s)
Contact Tanya: email@example.com