FOUNDATIONS OF MEDICO-LEGAL PRACTICE
The South African Medico-Legal Association and UCT Law@Work, in collaboration with Function Venues, are pleased to announce a training course in medico-legal practice that is set to commence in January 2018.
This first of the intended certificated courses will combine the benefits of highly-experienced lecturers with open discussion and diverse input. It is intended for professionals in all fields who engage in, or wish to engage in, medico-legal practice in South Africa. The scope relates to medico-legal disputes in personal injury matters as well as clinical negligence matters, and to resolution of medico-legal disputes through litigation and mediation.
Foundations of Medico-Legal Practice will be presented over six months, with sessions taking place on eleven Saturdays, followed by an optional exam in July 2018.
The six subjects that will be covered are:
- South African law applicable to personal injury litigation
- Ethical conduct in medico-legal practice
- Psychology and communication in medico-legal practice
- Logical reasoning
- Medical science applicable to medico-legal practice
- Other sciences applicable to medico-legal practice
Early bird discount: Register and pay by 31 October 2017 to receive a discount off the full price of R22,000.
- Start Date:
- Location: Western Cape
- Contact Person: Don Coue
- Contact Number (work): 021 650 3242
- Mobile Number:
- Fax Number:
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.lawatwork.uct.ac.za/foundations-medico-legal-practice
- Venue Address:
- End Date:
- CPD Points:General Level 1 - 1 point per hour (max 8 per day)
Ethics Level 1 - 1 point per hour